The mission of Zion Lutheran Church is to preach and teach the good news of Jesus Christ, serve the needs of others in our communities and around the world, worship in the Lutheran tradition celebrating God’s love and grace, and grow as a family in Christ.
News & Announcements
We will be resuming church services in person on Saturday, October 3 and Sunday, October 4. Saturday will be at 5pm at Zion with elements of our usual praise service. Sunday will be at Salem at 9:00 am with elements of our usual traditional service. At both, there will be differences from our normal worship. We will then be rotating Sundays as before.
- Conduct a self-screening for Covid19 symptoms: (temperature greater than 100 °F, new loss of taste or smell, new flu-like symptoms, contact with someone suspected of having Covid19). If any of these apply to you, please join us in worship from home.
- Please sit in the designated pews only.
- Practice physical distancing by family.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the building.
- Masks must be worn at all times while indoors.
- Offering plates and bulletins will be placed at the back of the sanctuary so individuals can pick them up
- Please fill out the worship attendance form in your bulletin and place it in the basket as you leave. This may be used for COVID tracing if necessary.
- Share the peace as comfortable, refraining from close contact with people outside your household. Use the peace sign, bow to the image of God in the other, wave, send a text with “peace” to someone not present.
- We will only have instrumental music at this time, and we will wait to sing together again.
- Please do not congregate either upon entering or leaving the church.
- Ushers will dismiss you by pew.
- Communion will not occur initially.
- We will not gather for fellowship following the service.
As many people will still be uncomfortable attending yet, we will be in need of more people willing to help out with ushering duties, lecturing, and helping out with the live- streaming. Please contact the office if you would feel comfortable doing any of these.
Calling all sewers!
Many of you have seen the fabric masks going around. While they are not suitable for doctors and nurses immediately serving patients, they are useable by some other hospital staff. Our local hospital, Aspirus, has said that they are accepting donations of fabric masks for some of their staff members to use. If you are interested in being a part of this effort, check out the pattern below (written by our own Marcia Nelson). Both Salem and Zion are among several drop off locations for the masks. Bring them by during our office hours and we will get them to the hospital. Also, feel free to take pictures of the masks and post them to our Facebook page to inspire others and share another way we serve and love our neighbors at this time. Click here to download the pattern
SOCIAL MEDIA: Participants in worship and events at Zion Lutheran Church may appear in photos or videos on social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Anyone wishing NOT to be depicted on sites administered by Zion Lutheran may opt out by submitting written notice to the church office.
Saturday Praise Worship
Live streamed on Facebook at 5pm
Click here before the live stream to join!
Sunday Services 9am rotate streaming
Click here to download the current bulletin!
1st and 3rd Sundays from Salem Lutheran
Join us on Facebook!
Located at 333 E. Aurora St. Ironwood
2nd and 4th Sundays from Zion Lutheran
Join us on Facebook!
Located at 100 W Midland Ave. Ironwood
Monday Zion Quilters
Are invited to quilt from home and pray for each other and the recipients of these quilts
Wednesday Kids Club
Join us in our special Family Faith Time as a part of our Kids’ Club. We are rolling this out right now, so each week you can see videos made by our wonderful Kids’ Club team. We will be continuing to add content geared toward facilitating family faith conversations. Whether you know it or not, you are your children’s biggest spiritual role model, and we want to help you to have these important conversations with your children. Check out our Family Faith Time Google classroom here, and stay tuned for more updates about Kids’ Club.
Thursday Bible Study at 10:00 AM
contact Pr. Nicole to video chat into this Bible study!